CNC Machinist Trainee (Entry Level)
- Do you want to be in a career that has career growth, additional training and job security for the future?
- Did math come naturally to you or did you easily fix things at home or in your garage? Do you want to work with your hands where you are building parts for an important purpose?
Then you might be the right fit for being trained to complete set ups, review programs, and machine and shape aerospace components on state of the art CNC mills and lathes. Also, you will be trained to indicate parts, cutting/boring jaws, and touch off various tooling using cutter compensation. This is a paid training program that allows you to learn a career in a historically rich field of Machining.
This position will begin at the end of October, and requires that you be willing to work a night shift. Note that while your application is always appreciated, we will only contact you if we have further interest.
Our hiring process for this position includes a phone screen, interview, workkeys assessment (Date: TBD) and then a physical and drug screen.
An entry level machinist will be required to take a work keys assessment consisting of three sections. One of these sections is math, a key component to becoming a skilled machinist. If these results are satisfactory you will be eligible for enrollment in the program and explore the full career potential of being a machinist.
- Locate information / interpret work instructions and validate product conformance
- Effectively uses process, equipment, tooling and follows sequence of operations
- Care for parts in accordance with procedures (Corrosion Protection/Handling/ FOD)
- Work to set standards and contribute to continuous improvement
- Communicate issues to team leader in a timely manner
- Have a high school diploma or GED, some related experience and training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Communicate effectively with all internal customers in both written and oral form.
- Perform statistical process control input and interpret statistical data to compensate for machining deviation.
- Complete mathematical calculations on fractions, percentages, decimals, and machine speeds/feeds.
- Automatic Pay Increases Every 90 Days
- Advanced Tooling Options
- Problem Solve with Team Environment
- All wages are based on a 40 hour work week, typical week would include 7.5 hours of overtime
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Short & Long-term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Employee Profit Sharing
- 401(k) Plan with employer match
- Weekly payments
- Tuition reimbursement and education sponsorship
- Medical and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account)
- Paid Time Off, Sick Days, and 10 Holidays (11 - for Veteran's)
- Vacation (Up to 4 weeks)
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Night Shift Premiums